Home Quilts Recipes Words Books Email

Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Day Meatballs!

Anytime I am making appetizers for a gathering or for a light dinner snack, these meatballs are always part of the menu. They are nothing fancy, yet they taste amazingly like "good ole comfort food" .. I have been asked over the years to share the recipe.. haha, the recipe I found from a magazine, so I can not call it my own. Yet, in my mind, I own it, because I know it from memory!!! So good.. wanted to share it today in recognition of the Super Bowl coming up !


1 pound hamburger
1 cp soft bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 TBL milk
2 TBL minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

1 TBL veggie oil

2/3 cup grape jelly
2/3 cup Heinz Chili sauce

Combine first 8 ingredients, forming into bite sized meatballs. Brown meatballs lightly in oil . Cover , cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.

Combine chili sauce and jelly , and pour over meatballs. Heat, stirring occassionally, until jelly is melted .. Simmer 10-12 minutes until sauce has thickened,basting occassionally.

No comments: