Home Quilts Recipes Words Books Email

Saturday, April 16, 2011

When Sparrows Fall..

When widowed Miranda falls off of a cliff and winds up in the hospital, her long lost brother-in-law, Jack is called in to serve as temporary guardian to Miranda's six children, in the book, " When Sparrows Fall ", written by Meg Moseley, a first time author.

Jack, a college professor, soon learns the children have been homeschooled in a very strict, and fundemental household where anything " worldly" is not allowed.. Although the children's mother, Miranda, is a character with a mothers heart for her children, she struggles with her own faith, as she, and her fellow church members find themselves stuck in the selfish teachings of their pastor, who harbors secrets of his own.

While Jack, and Miranda differ in their ideas of child rearing, I was entertained in how each of the personalities of the children was so detailed. I found the strength of Miranda, in her faith journey, as well as in motherhood, and how it really " jelled" in seeing the kids the way I did in the story.
It was not the best book I have ever read, nor was it a page turner for me, having a few times, wanting to just not finish . But, I did continue on, and in some way, was glad I did. A first novel, in its shaky, and almost uncertainty, but an author, if given more time, and encouragement, will become one that captures hearts in future books.


I recieved this book as a free book review from the Blogger for Books free book program. I am under no obligation to post only a " good " review.

No comments: