Home Quilts Recipes Words Books Email

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Time To Embrace..

Having read many of author, Karen Kingsbury's,books, in many different series, I was again, drawn to the beautiful book cover first.. Knowing that eye candy is what appeals with food, it is also what appeals to reading for me. The vivid, realistic, and gentle covers draw me in like none other.
A Time to Embrace follows Ms. Kingsbury's first book, A Time to Dance. However, I did not read that particular book, yet think it would not be crucial to read this companion book.
Though the story line of a beloved football coach, and his family is heart rendering, the book is not something that grabbed me by the bootstraps, and drew me into wanting to stay up all night to finish the book. It was, well, touching, gentle, and a good read. Nothing spectacular, as were some of Karen Kingsbury's other book series of years gone by.

I would recommend the read to others if they have not read any of her other books, as there is an almost spiritual draw to this one, as her others are as well. For those that do not embrace Christianity, I would still endorse the book, simply because it was a good one.
I was not asked to review this book for only the postive report, from BookSneeze.com, but I was to provide an honest review. There is good, and there is juts " ok " in what I felt about reading A Time to Embrace..

No comments: