Home Quilts Recipes Words Books Email

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A place, and taste.. of yummy Goodness..

Just popping in here to post a short little recipe for some yummy Peanut Butter Cookies.. yea, yea, just plain old peanut butter cookies that I am sure most people would just say, " yea, so whats so good about THESE cookies? Well , to be honest, everything.. and to me, thats a big thing, because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE peanut butter in any recipe, at any time.. I love it in cookies, cakes, mexican recipes ( yea, you heard it right ! ), and on apples, or celery sticks.. I just plain love that sticky, gooey bunch of goodness..
So heres the deal.. I print the recipe here, and you get to take the calories.. hows that for a great trade off.. see ya next time I have another book to review, or just when I think of something to post.. ( and Alleuliabelle - I am SO glad to see your beautiful face on the followers list.. I know its not like my other blog was, but this is what I need to do for me for awhile.. Its all good though!

Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies:

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cp Peanut Butter ( any kind )
1/2 cp margarine, or butter - softened
1 egg
1 1/4 cp flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Cup peanut butter chips ( optional )
granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix brown sugar, butter, Peanut Butter, and egg.
Add dry ingredients and chips, if using them. Shape dough into 1 to 1/2 inch balls. Dip top of balls in granulated sugar. Place sugar side up on ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
Bake 9-10 minutes until golden, cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
DO NOT FLATTEN tops for this recipe, and do not criss cross either. These spread out and get those crackle tops as regular cookies do. If you make the balls perfectly round, they will look like professional bakery cookies.. yummy, yummy for your tummy

No comments: