Home Quilts Recipes Words Books Email

Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Call Away.. A Journey of Strength

"One call away" , written by Brenda Warner, is a true-life story written from the heart of a woman, whose challenges in life , from a child with extraordinary needs, to the death of both parents by an act of nature, all show the true character of one woman who took life by the horns, and turned hardship into a personal success story.
This memoir, of Brenda Warner, mother, wife of well known NFL player, Kurt Warner, showed that even through devastating events in life, or challenging, and painful hardships in an earlier marriage, and subsequent divorce, her life by her choice, was willing to be rebuilt because of faith in God, and personal choice to live to the best of her ability. Brenda Warner showed true grit , just as the Marine attitude that began to be instilled in her since her high school years, as her story led me, as a reader, on her personal journey into healing, and personal ministry to many others who hurt as she once hurt.
This book made me feel as if my struggles in life are conquerable, and if I pull myself up by the same sorts of bootstraps that Brenda wore, I , too , can accomplish whatever my mind sets out do to, no matter the situations that life might present to me in that journey.
Brenda , as a down to earth, detailed, and straight forward writer, is clearly a strong woman, made stronger by her faith. God gave Brenda Warner a purpose and a plan, and as she walked by faith, and probably by a little guts thrown in, she earned her place of true Godly character, and to me, that kept me glued to the entire 354 pages of her journey..I was deeply humbled by her honesty written about sensitive matters, while at the same time, I was inspired , strengthened, and also greatly blessed and encouraged.
This is a book , in my opinion , not for those that want some light hand holding as you read. It is a book that will challenge even the one whose life is difficult , and painful, to see outside the box, and begin to work steps to accomplish your own dreams, even through challenges.. Ms Warner instills strength ( by her faith in God ) to those that believe their lives are not worth the fight - she instills courage, and grace , and that only can come from one who personally experienced the same..
I have read this free book, from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: